TIH and Lotte Chemical joined forces in 2016 to offer MC and HPMC to the U.S. market.
Our MC (Methylcellulose) and HPMC (Hydroxypropylmethylcellulose) products are branded as AnyAddy® and targeted to food and dietary supplement applications. They can be used in numerous applications including: batters/coatings, beverages, gluten free bakery, sauces, marinades, meat/fish preparation, fried foods, phosphate or egg replacement, and many more. These products are derived from natural wood pulp, meeting all the requirements of the current USP, EP and JP along with Kosher and Halal certifications. AnyAddy®, in compliance with FDA, EU and FAO/WHO guidelines, is produced in a GMP manufacturing facility, retaining FSSC22000 (GFSI) and ISO9001 certifications as well.
Functional benefits of AnyAddy® in Food and Dietary Supplements include:
- Film Coating
- Suspension Aid
- Taste Masking
- Mouthfeel Enhancement
- Moisture Retention
To learn more about these products and how they can improve your products and solve some of your toughest formulations, please contact us now.
Here are some examples of the benefits of using AnyAddy® in fried foods and gluten-free bakery goods.
In Fried Foods:
AnyAddy® can help to reduce the oil uptake in your favorite fried foods and provides many more benefits including:
- Reduction of oil uptake in fried foods; in French fries application achieves 48% oil uptake reduction compared to other products in the market.
- Maintains the batter shape in the way of gelation delivering viscosity to the batter, forming a film that adds strength, and reduces the break-up of batter product.
- Improves texture and the quality of fried foods.
- By adding AnyAddy® into the batter mix, it prevents fried foods from becoming soggy in texture after frying.
- Prevents crystallization.
In Gluten-Free Bakery:
Gluten-free is trending in the marketplace and AnyAddy® is ideal for making healthy bakery products from breads to cakes. AnyAddy® makes gluten-free bread’s taste more like the real thing by mimicking the water-absorbing and structure adding capacities of gluten. It helps food manufacturers to create high quality gluten-free products that satisfy the dietary needs of consumers without compromising on taste, look or feel. In Gluten-free bread AnyAddy® provides:
- Mimics gluten’s ability to build a structural network inside the products.
- Ensures breads achieve desired volume and shape and retain it when cooled.
- Extends shelf life (delays starch staling).
- Ensures enduring moistness by binding moisture into the products.
For great tasting gluten-free bakery products, or reduced fat, crunchy batters our technical team will be able to assist you in getting the best results.
The Ingredient House (TIH) is a global ingredient supplier providing customers that special combination of service, quality and value. Our portfolio covers sweeteners (acesulfame K, aspartame, saccharin, sucralose, luo han guo, stevia, agave syrup), polyols (erythritol, xylitol, mannitol, maltitol, sorbitol), fibers (cellulose, oat, soy, wheat; inulin, FOS, polydextrose), hydrocolloids (carrageenan, cellulose gel/gum, HPMC/MC, croscarmellose sodium, alginates), flavors and cultures.